What You Need to Know About How Online Casinos Work
Land-based casinos are shrinking in number and size since the launch of online casinos. Many players are now signing up to try online casino games and this is supported by powerful reasons. You can actually cancel your trip to Monte Carlo and save some cash. It is cheaper to play casino games online, you get a wide variety of games to choose from without having to physically hop from one casino to the next, you can play from anywhere you want and the promotional perks and bonuses you get are way better compared to land-based casinos. Online casinos give you convenience, better odds and more promotional packages.
The most interesting feature about online casinos is the flexibility in terms of finances. If you are just learning or looking for entertainment, you can play for free without depositing any money. If you don’t have so much to spend, there is always an online casino that can accommodate the amount you have. All you need to do is to get into your phone or computer, launch the casino software or app, login and start playing. Now, that is easy, fun and exciting, right?
Well, those are just the basics. To fully understand online casinos, you need to know the inside information.
Online Casino Games
If you are used to offline casinos, then you could be wondering if the games you like are available in online casinos. Yes, they are and the number is unlimited. They keep growing by the day in quantity and variations. You can get blackjack, video poker, slots, table games, baccarat, bingo and arcade variations. The limit to the games you can access and play on online casinos depends on the casino platform you have chosen and you can always switch to the one that has what you want.
Deposits and Withdrawals
When a game involves money then there has to be a process of exchange right? If you chose to play a real money deposit based game, then you will have to make a deposit. Most online casinos offer multiple ways to deposit money at your convenience and get to play instantly. Some of these methods include credit and debit cards, prepaid cards, E-wallets like PayPal, Neteller and Skrill, bank transfer, checks or even money transfer services like money gram and western union. Some of them could take time to process but they are easy, safe and convenient methods.
Do you have to go somewhere to get your winnings after playing? No. Once you accumulate your winnings to the point where you can withdraw, you can do that from the comfort of your home using the same payment methods that you used to deposit. The currencies and payments methods vary from one online casino to the other and so it is important to know the ones offered by your online casino of choice and whether the requirements suit you. Withdrawals could take some time because of processing unlike in land-based casinos where you get your winnings immediately.
Are your banking details safe? Yes. Most online casinos have SSL encryption that prevents fraudsters from accessing your financial information and personal details.
What about Bonuses?
Just like land-based casinos, online casinos still use the bonus factor to attract and retain clients. After all, who doesn’t like free money? Some of the bonuses you can get when you play online casino games include:
- Sign up bonus; This is what you get when you sign up with a certain online casino. The deposit bonuses are normally a percentage of your deposit and some of them are huge. You can also get a non-deposit bonus which is normally smaller in size compared to deposit bonus.
- Reload bonus; This is how they reward you for staying on and depositing consistently. You are given a bonus for each subsequent deposit depending on their terms.
- Loyalty/VIP scheme; These are the perks you get depending on your gambling activity. Call it a present you get for being loyal.
Compared to land-based casinos, online casinos could have more promotional services but that doesn’t mean that wagering requirements do not apply. Before you get excited about the huge bonuses, make sure you understand the terms and conditions attached to those bonuses. If anything is to go by, consider choosing one with lower rollover.
Online Casino Gaming Technology
Did you know that online casinos offer high RTP’s? Return to player percentages is the percentage of the amount played by players that will be returned to them as winnings. For instance, if you get into an online casino website and see and RTP of 98 percent on a certain game, then that means that out of the 100 that the players bet, 98 was given out as winnings.
The reason why RTP for online casinos is high is due to the use of RNG technology in gaming. This Random Number Generator is a program used by online casinos to generate a list of random numbers and algorithms that will ensure that the game is random and fair. This removes any perception of rigging or predetermined winnings. It is the RNG that determines the RTP for each game in an online casino.
Online Gaming Functionality
Online casinos operate the way they do with speed, efficiency, growing popularity and high profitability because of the systems behind it. From the licensing boards that ensure your safety, auditing boards to ensure they comply, to customer support to ensure that your operations are smooth.
Besides that, there is a very important relationship between service providers and the casino itself that seals its ability to operate. Here is how it works:
- Online Casino platform provider; This is the specific casino that will create a website and a platform for you to play, get licensed and ensure that the gaming goes on smoothly. For example BlueOcean Gaming.
- Software Provider; Once the platform provider decides that they want to run the casino business, they contract the services of software providers. The software provider will then rent out the software solutions for gaming and the games to be played. The gaming management system, payment options variety and functionality of customer support is dependent on how efficient the software provider is. For example; Microgaming, Playtech, NetEnt, Play'n Go.
- Payment system provider; To complete the deal and get the online casino running, the online casino platform owner will also contract the services of a payment system provider who will ensure smooth transactions and provide payment options.
For any online casino to exist and execute its functions fully, there has to be an operational relationship between the three.
With this information, the only thing stopping you from trying out online casino gambling is within your discretion. It is transparent, easy, convenient and more exciting.
Read more about: