In the online gaming industry, VIP stands for “very important player”.
VIP programs can be looked at as loyalty rewards programs, offering players incentives and larger rewards for being loyal customers who bet consistently.
In return for their business, casinos reward their big spenders with various bonuses and other perks.
VIPs typically spend more time on their favourite sites and generally place larger bets than non-VIP members.
Because VIPs play more often and wager more, online casinos want to keep their VIPs happy, so the customer will play more and return frequently.
However, gamblers usually have to meet a set of criteria in order to become a VIP.
All online casinos, and their VIP programs, are not created equal.
Different casinos will have different, but similar, VIP levels, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum levels.
To reach a certain VIP level, you have to either collect a certain amount of VIP points or hit some other threshold (like the wagered amount).
As you move up on the VIP ladder, you'll receive exponentially bigger bonuses.
Becoming a VIP member is sometimes as simple as registering and playing the way up through the levels.
When looking for a VIP program, a player needs to look for a program that offers the best bang for the buck.
However, the VIP program can only be as good as the casino itself, so if the casino is unsatisfactory, the VIP program won't be any good either.
Before deciding to join a casino's VIP program, you might want to consider the following:
- The casino should offer plenty of games with high betting limits;
- The casino should provide quality customer service for non-VIP customers; if it does not the VIP customer service probably won’t be much better;
- Since VIPs tend to withdraw larger amounts, the casino should have proper licensing and plenty of fast withdrawal options with top-notch security.
How to Join a VIP Club
There are usually two ways to join a VIP program:
- At some casinos, you must be invited by the casino. This happens once you play enough (and with high wagers) and the casino itself will simply send you an exclusive invite.
- Other casinos allow their customers to become a VIP merely by progressing through the levels. However, this also typically requires a significant amount of playing time and high-level wagering to move up.
Advantages for VIP Members
Because most VIP programs are tired, the higher the tier, the bigger, and better, the benefits will be.
Some of these benefits include increased bonuses and betting limits with higher deposit and withdrawal limits and reduced wagering restrictions for bonuses.
Many online casinos offer their top VIP members rewards, special promotions and gifts for special events and occasions, such as tickets for sporting events or concerts.
Additionally, some casinos will offer top VIP members access to a personal account manager who is available 24-hours a day to ensure all the VIP member’s needs are met.