With so many casino sites and casino software developers, it’s fairly difficult to decide the best option for play. Numerous casino game providers race to claim the throne in every…
Best Online Casinos NZ
Welcome to our page about online casinos in New Zealand.
We at BestBonus.co.nz compare online casinos on a daily basis and have done so for five years.
We update our list of the best online casinos in New Zealand every week.
The most important criteria is that the online casino supports NZ dollars.
We do only review online casinos with real money.
Best Rated Casinos Right Now!
Online Casinos with NZ Dollars
It is of great importance to only gamble at online casinos with NZD.
Benefits of NZ Dollar Casinos
- No risk of being confused by a foreign currency
- No extra hidden exchange fees that are hard to track
- Casinos supporting NZD are more common adapted to the New Zealand market in terms of payment methods and server location.
Check out our list of casino sites with NZ dollars.
Real Money Online Casinos 2021
Before you gamble at an online casino for real money you need to make a budget for the gambling session.
When you set a budget you specify a sum of money you can afford to loose.
You also set a limit that works as a winning trigger.
This limit shall trigger you to walk away with your winnings.
Top Paying Kiwi Casinos 2021
If you like real money gambling like we do the best bonus is not what you look for.
It’s the casino with the best payout.
Important to mention is that most online casinos do have a good payout level above 95%.
We list our favorite top payout casinos below. All above 96%.
No Casino Name Payout Promotion More 1 Casumo 98,35% NZ$ 1.200 Deposit Bonus REVIEW | VISIT! 2 Leo Vegas 98,21% NZ$ 1.000 + 100 Cash Spins REVIEW | VISIT! 3 PlayOJO 97,89% Deposit NZ$10 get 80 Wager Free Spins REVIEW | VISIT! 4 Dunder 97,75% NZ$600 + 200 Free Spins REVIEW | VISIT! 5 VooDoo Dreams 97,55% NZ$ 100 + 200 Free Spins REVIEW | VISIT! 6 Dreamz 97,41% NZ$ 300 + 50 Free Spins REVIEW | VISIT! 7 RIZK 97,36% NZD$ 100 + 50 Wager Free spins REVIEW | VISIT! 8 Jackpot City 97,31% NZ$ 1.600 Deposit Bonus REVIEW | VISIT!
Real Money Casinos supporting NZD
Always strive to play at casinos that have the New Zealand Dollar as currency.
It helps you to make a wiser decision during gameplay and the risk to play for more than you have planned increases.
Some casinos that target New Zealand are using EUR or USD which often results in extra exchange fees when you switch between the currencies.
List: Kiwi Casinos NZ Dollars 2021
Enjoy this list of online casinos that all support NZ Dollars.
Tested fair and licensed by a credible authority.
No CASINO BONUS VISIT 1 22 Wager Free Cash Spins on SignUp
NZ$ 1.000 + 100 Cash Spins
CLAIM>> 2 20 Free Spins No Deposit
NZ$ 600 + 180 Spins
CLAIM>> 3 50 Free Spins No Deposit
NZ$ 1.200 Deposit Bonus
CLAIM>> 4 20 Cash Spins on Registration
NZ$ 1200 Deposit Bonus
CLAIM>> 5 50 Free Spins No Deposit
NZ$ 1.600 Deposit Bonus
CLAIM>> 6 21 Free Spins No Deposit
121% up to NZ$ 300
CLAIM>> 7 100 Free Spins No Deposit
NZ$ 1000 Deposit Bonus
CLAIM>> 8 20 Free Spins No Deposit
NZ$ 400 Deposit Bonus
CLAIM>> 9 22 Free Spins No Deposit
NZ$ 222 Deposit Bonus
CLAIM>> 10 77 Free Spins No Deposit
NZ$ 200 Deposit Bonus
CLAIM>> 11 Deposit $10 and get 200 Free Spins
100% up to NZ$ 100
CLAIM>> 12 Deposit $10 get 80 Wager Free Spins
Bonuses paid CASH no restrictions
CLAIM>> 13 NZ$ 1.700 + 200 Free Spins CLAIM>> 14 NZ$ 400 + 150 Free Spins CLAIM>> 15 NZ$ 1.000 + 100 Free Spins CLAIM>> 16 NZ$ 200 + 100 Free Spins CLAIM>> 17 NZ$ 1.500 + 200 Free Spins CLAIM>> 18 NZ$ 300 + 50 Free Spins CLAIM>> 19 Get Rewarded Every Day! CLAIM>> 20 NZ$ 1.000 Bonus + 100 Free Spins CLAIM>>
Trusted Casinos have a license
There are no exceptions.
When you shall gamble at an online casino you have to make sure the casino you consider has a valid license.
This is something you can check easily with the Malta Gaming Authority which most of the casinos in New Zealand have a license with.
No Casino Name Regulatory Promotion More 1 Casumo Malta Gaming Authority
NZ$ 1.200 Deposit Bonus VISIT! 2 Leo Vegas Malta Gaming Authority
NZ$ 1.000 + 100 Cash Spins VISIT! 3 PlayOJO Malta Gaming Authority
80 Wager Free Spins at 1st Deposit VISIT! 4 Dunder Malta Gaming Authority
NZ$600 + 200 Free Spins VISIT! 5 VooDoo Dreams Malta Gaming Authority
NZ$ 100 + 200 Free Spins VISIT! 6 Dreamz Malta Gaming Authority
NZ$ 300 + 50 Free Spins VISIT! 7 Cashmio Malta Gaming Authority
NZD$ 50 + 10 Wager Free spins VISIT! 8 Jonny Jackpot Malta Gaming Authority
NZ$ 1.000 + 100 Free Spins VISIT!
Lists: Best Online Casinos NZ 2021
People have different personal preferences of what the best online casino is.
Online casinos have multiple games to accommodate various interests.
To better our visitors as a crowd we put together multiple lists based on your interest.
The common ground for these casinos is that all are focused at New Zealand.
Best Rated Online Casinos in New Zealand
The Casinos with Best Rating:When we compare online casinos we give them a rating which reflects our overall impression.
Best Online Casinos with NZ Dollars
Always choose to gamble at an online casino that supports NZD.
You get rid of eventual exchange costs and the casinos are obviously focused on New Zealand.
The Best Casinos with NZ Dollars:
Best New Online Casino in New Zealand
New online casinos are often more popular due to updated game selections and smooth gameplay.
The Best Rated New Casinos:
Best Online Casinos with Fast Payout
One of the most important factors when you gamble at an online casino is payout speed.
You get out your winnings faster which always is a good thing.
Best Rated Casinos with Fast Payout:
Best Online Casino Apps
More time are spent on mobile casino play than on desktop.
Many casino apps are very good.
Best Rated Casino Apps:
Best Online Casinos with PayPal
Paypal is one of the most popular payment methods for online gambling in New Zealand.
Best Rated Paypal Casinos:
Best Online Casino with Paysafecard
The best deposit method at casino sites in New Zealand is Paysafecard.
Best Rate Paysafecard Casinos:
NZ Casino with Best Payout Percentage
When you are in the game for the long run the payout percentage starts to play a role.
Online Casinos with Best Payout:
Best Live Casinos in New Zealand
To play at live casinos with professional dealers are the closes experience one could get to the real feel.
Best Rated Live Casinos:
How to Pick the Best Online Casino?
We look at the following criteria to choose the best online casino.
- Licensing agreements – does the casino work with the likes of the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, or similar authorities?
- Welcome bonus – how generous is the casino with its signup promotions? Does it offer a no deposit bonus?
- Game selection – does the casino offer a good catalog of casino games from innovative developers?
- Mobile casino – can players enjoy the games on multiple devices?
- Banking options – how easy is it for players to get money to and from the casino?
- Player support – does the casino offer easily accessible, free customer support?
Finding Trust Signals at a Kiwi Casino
The most obvious is the licensing agreement but there are a few others:
- Licensing agreement: Casinos that hold licenses to operate from the biggest agencies are highly reputable.
- Fair Gaming: Work with fair iGaming initiatives like the UK’s eCOGRA testing agency.
- Leading Softwares: Use of products from leading software developers. Playtech and Microgaming do not authorize the use of their games to shady casino operations.
- Banking Methods: If a casino accepts Visa, Mastercard, Neteller, Skrill, PaySafeCard, it’s more likely to be a reputable operation than if it were to only accept Bitcoin, for example.
- Customer Support: If it’s impossible to find the casino’s customer support page, it might be a red flag as to its trustworthiness.
See Landbased operators with casino license in New Zealand.
How to Register at an Online Casino
If you’ve never registered with an online casino before, don’t despair.
It’s very easy.
Simply follow the instructions below to create your first online casino account:
- Find one of the great casinos recommended on this very page.
- Give it a click.
- If you are wanting to claim a welcome bonus upon signing up, make sure to read the terms and conditions – they may contain a bonus code or some other requirement to trigger the promotion.
- Click “register”, “signup”, “new account”, or similar.
- Fill in your personal details as the casino requests them.
- If you need to verify your email address, do so by visiting your email inbox and following the link in the email you received from the casino.
- Sign in to your new casino account and make a deposit using one of the accepted methods.
Note: The above instructions are general advice. They should be broadly applicable to most casinos. However, some may vary in their requirements.
Casinos with easy registration
RTP at Online Casinos
RTP stands for a return-to-player rating.
RTP refers to the amount of money the player can expect to get back on average from a given casino game.
The difference between the RTP and 100% is the house edge.
House edge is how the casino makes its money.
One way to illsustrate how RTP work is by looking at a simple bet on roulette.
Roulette does not only have two colors, it has three.
Red, black and the green single “zero” and possible double “zero”.
The probability of the player winning their bet is less than 50%.
The house edge that this creates means that European roulette, for example, has a return-to-player rating of 97.3%.
Also, 2.7% represents the casino’s expected profit.
Different games have different return-to-player ratings.
Blackjack is very close to breaking even when played with perfect strategy.
Meanwhile, some slots can be as low as 80%.
RTP for slot games should be well above 95%.
Free Play Online Casinos
Many online casinos will allow you to play their games for free.
Playing for free gives you the chance to test the casino and their platform.
Free play is also a way to practise and increase your experience.
Online Casino Games
Online casino games come in many different forms.
Apart from table games and slots, there are Bingo and Keno games available in most online casinos as well.
Live dealing games are a special treat for most players.
As this field of online gambling rises, more and more casinos offer private studios with live feeds of a dealer running the game.
This is a great way for players that enjoy live casino games to get all the aspects of a real casino without having to leave the comfort of their homes.
Moreover, live dealing with games online offer considerable special features involved, as well as special tactics.
As well as being classified in the typical categories of “slots”, and “table games”, etc, we can group online casino games by other means too.
RNG vs Live
If the game you are playing is purely digital, it will use a random number generator.
If it’s live-streamed, randomness will be created using real-world casino equipment.
Since both are subject to extensive auditing, you shouldn’t consider either live casino or RNG games as being fairer than the other.
Skill Versus Luck
Some games in the casino are purely based on luck. Blackjack, roulette, craps, and slots, all see the player playing with a mathematical disadvantage to the casino.
Profiting is luck and nothing more. Although you can increase your odds at a game like a blackjack, you still cannot reduce the house edge to zero or even negative.
Poker, on the other hand, sees players play against one another.
Here, the casino has no interest in who wins and takes a percentage of every pot.
A skilled player can consistently profit long-term by outplaying their opponents.
Live Casino Dealer
Those players looking for the most authentic casino experience from their own home will surely love live casino offerings.
As mentioned previously, these modern titles feature real-world dealers, cards, roulette wheels, and everything else you’d find as part of a game at a brick-and-mortar casino.
The games themselves run exactly as they would at a real casino.
The only difference is you watch, bet, and communicate with the dealer/other players on your computer or mobile phone.
Live casino operators set up expansive facilities from which they host the games.
Licensing agencies then audit the operations to make sure they are fair and dealers have received a certain level of training.
Although different studios will provide different games, you can expect to see the following titles and others represented in an iGaming operator’s live casino game collection:
- Casino Poker
- Wheel of Fortune
Most of the casinos offering live casino games we recommend use products from the following studios:
- Evolution Gaming
Online casinos face extreme competition.
Players aren’t limited to their geographical location when playing online.
They can visit numerous casinos with just a few clicks.
To keep existing players interested, and to attract new ones, iGaming operators run various promotions.
These might be specific to a certain game or might be to incentivize deposits or new signups.
We’ve detailed the most common below.
A welcome bonus is a promotion that a casino uses to lure new players.
Only those players creating an account with a company for the first time can take part in welcome bonuses.
They typically consist of either a no deposit bonus or a deposit bonus. Sometimes, players will receive both.
No deposit bonuses only require the player to create an account.
They consist of free spins or free bonus money.
Free spins will be allocated to a specific slot or group of slots.
Meanwhile, players can use the casino bonus cash on any eligible game.
It’s important to note that although no deposit bonuses do give a genuine opportunity to win money with zero risks, wagering requirements make this very difficult.
The other variety of popular welcome bonus is the first deposit bonus.
Casinos will often double or even triple a player’s first deposit, giving them a much larger bankroll to play the games on offer with.
It’s important to note that the player will need to satisfy various wagering requirements before they can withdraw any bonus cash as their own.
Some casinos will offer similar promotions on a player’s second, third, or even later deposits too.
Similarly, different sections of the casino might have their own welcome bonus.
Check for promotions specific to live casino, bingo, and poker games too.
Bonuses and wagering requirements
It’s important to be aware that almost all casino bonuses have wagering requirements.
This is usually a number of times the player needs to bet the entire bonus amount before they can withdraw any of it.
However, wagering requirements usually go further than that.
In the terms and conditions of every casino bonus, you’ll find not only the number of times a bonus needs to be played through but also time restrictions on doing so and a list of excluded games too.
You might also find that there is a cap placed on winnings.
This latter feature is common on no deposit promotions.
Online Casino Types
These days, players can enjoy almost all online casinos from within their browser.
Whilst some companies do continue to maintain standalone applications for desktop and mobile users, it’s nowhere near the same regularity as it was a few years ago.
Since there is no drop off in quality between the browser and downloaded versions of games, it makes little sense to use a designated application.
One exception to the above is online poker.
Most poker networks require the use of a standalone application to access, browse, and play the games on offer.
Although the likes of PokerStars now offers in-browser poker, the experience, particularly if playing more than one table, is better using the desktop app.
Similarly, advances in web development mean that modern casino games are just as at home on a small screen as they are a larger one.
Since most games are built using HTML-5 these days, players needn’t worry about downloading additional software to their mobile phones to enjoy the same games on the go.
All you need to do to access your account and play many of the great games on offer on your mobile is visit the website and log on.
Once into your account, you’ll find the browsing experience on a modern HTML-5 online casino is much like it would be on a laptop or desktop.
It works equally well on Android and iOS phones and tablets alike.
All that said, you will still find the occasional online casino offering a standalone application.
Some players with particularly old smartphones might prefer this option since in-browser gaming can be resource-intensive.
Web-Based NZ Online Casinos
It is also called flash casinos.
It is websites where gamblers play casino games without having to download software on their desktop or their mobile device.
They require browser support and bandwidth as games are mainly in the browser plug-ins and the graphics of the game have to be loaded through the web.
Download Web-Based Online Casinos
Deposit Money at Casinos
Online casinos accept a variety of different payment methods.
The availability of different payment methods will depend on where the casino itself is based.
However, the most popular include:
- Bank Transfer
- Credit or Debit Card
- e-Wallets such as: Neteller, Skrill, Paypal
- Prepaid Cards such as: Ecopayz and Entropay
The different payment methods used will determine the maximum and minimum deposit amount.
Most casinos will allow deposits with any of the above methods for amounts of $10.
However, the maximums can vary, particularly when the amounts get very large.
Similarly, deposit and withdrawal times will vary depending on the method used.
Bank transfers and cheques will usually take more than a week to arrive at their destination, whereas the other methods are near-instant for deposits.
Meanwhile, credit or debit card withdrawals are likely to take a few days, e-wallets will be quicker, and cryptocurrency quicker still.
Withdrawals at Internet Casinos
Thanks to anti-money laundering regulations, withdrawals are usually subject to much stricter requirements than deposits.
The casinos don’t make nearly as many checks when they’re taking your money as they do when they’re giving it back.
In accordance with these regulations, players must usually only use the same payment method they used to deposit to make a withdrawal.
Similarly, they will usually be required to submit identification documents before the casino will process the withdrawal.
Finally, in relation to these “know your customer” requirements, certain more anonymous payment methods will be excluded entirely when making a withdrawal.
Support at Online Casinos
Players in need of additional assistance or help can get the best advice by contacting the customer service of the casino site.
The casinos we recommend all offer customer support via either email, telephone, or live chat.
The very best casinos allow players to contact them via all three.
Customer service is available for all players at all times, for any existing questions they might have regarding the casino.
If you have issues claiming a bonus, making a deposit, or want clarification on one of the conditions of the promotion, you can ask a member of the casino’s staff for assistance.
To reduce demands on their support staff, many online casinos will also provide FAQs for their players.
These will often answer many non-specific questions without the need to wait for a response from support.
Online Casinos vs Land-based
There are significant differences between land-based and online casinos.
As much as online games are usually developed after the games found in the real casino, it all comes down to player preference when deciding which is best.
In fact, it’s likely that most gambling fans will understand there’s a time and a place for both types of casinos.
Land-Based Casino Pros
- A full evening out – those going to a real-world casino are likely attending for more than a few hands of blackjack.
- Everything under one roof – depending on the casino, you’ll find much more than gambling on site. There are usually restaurants, bars, sports lounges, and at some larger casino complexes, nightclubs, pools, or even theatres.
- Sophisticated entertainment – casinos can be a great excuse to get dressed up in your fanciest outfit and indulge in an evening of opulence.
- Social experience – even if you go to the casino alone, with the other players and staff, a gambling trip can be a social one too. Many people attend a regular poker game at a casino as much to win as they do to see friends, for example.
Land-Based Casino Pros
- Bonuses – the online casino industry is much more competitive than the traditional casino industry. To stand out from the crowd casinos will lure players in with exciting and potentially lucrative bonuses
- Ease of access – attending a real-world casino usually requires at least some travel. Online casinos do not require you to even leave the house. In fact, with mobile casino games, you can login and play your favorites whenever the occasion takes you. This means you can also try many more operators than you could in the real world
- Free games – as mentioned above, free casino games don’t really exist in real-world gambling venues. Online, it’s much cheaper to host games so casinos don’t mind letting players familiarize themselves with the games first.
- Game selection – online casinos often boast many more games than their real-world counterparts. Space is much less of an issue in the virtual world!
- Lower bets – In real-world casinos, minimum bets might be $5. It’s practically unheard of to allow $1 roulette or blackjack bets, for example. Online, minimum bets are much lower.
- Higher return-to-player ratings – Again, thanks to the lower overheads of online casinos, slot designers can be much more generous with their return-to-player ratings. Some online slots payout at above 98%, for example.
Landbased casinos in NZ
- Lasseters Wharf Casino 88 Beach Street, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand. +64 3 441 1495
- SKYCITY Hamilton – 346 Victoria Street, Hamilton 3204, New Zealand. +64 7 834 4900
- SKYCITY Auckland – Victoria and Federal Street, Auckland, New Zealand. 0800 759 2489
- Dunedin Casino – 118 High Street, Dunedin, Otago 9016, New Zealand. 0800 477 4545
- SKYCITY Queenstown – 16-24 Beach Street, Queenstown, New Zealand. +64 03 441 0400
- Dunedin Casino – 118 High Street, Dunedin, Otago 9016, New Zealand. 0800 477 4545
How We Test and Find the Best New Zealand Online Casinos
You might be wondering why we recommend setting up an online casino account with an international casino.
The answer is simple. Industry-renowned gambling regulators oversee the transactions of all foreign casinos operating in New Zealand.
For a player, this means that the casino is trustworthy and adheres to the fair play regulations.
How do we know a casino Safe Secure and Fair?
Imagine not being able to withdraw your winnings from an online casino.
While such cases are rare, they do exist.
There are online casinos that scam players on their platform.
To avert this risk, only sign up at online casinos that are regulated by an oversight body.
Additionally, you should always check if a casino has a valid license before signing up for its services.
Why would we Check If a Casino Has a Valid License?
Before a casino receives a license, the license issuer assesses the casino’s services to ensure that;
- The casino’s platform is secure
- The casino has the financial muscle to make payouts
- A casino adheres to fair play rules and regulations
- The casino adheres to a region’s gambling guidelines
Players who confirm the validity of a casino’s license are less likely to fall victim to rogue online casinos.
A valid license guarantees that a player will receive his or her payout without delays upon request.
How We Assess and Chose the Best Online Casinos in New Zealand
We make it our mission to unearth the best casinos in New Zealand so that you can enjoy your favorite casino games without hassles.
The criteria we follow and will share with you so that you can assess casinos of your choosing.
- License and registration. Before going deep into what a casino is offering, we first check if they have a valid license and registration.
- Secure Encryption. Data encryption is vital as it prevents data from leaking into the wrong hands. We ensure that the casinos we recommend here use the latest encryption protocols
- Payment Options. All casinos we list have multiple deposit options ranging from cards, e-wallets to bank transfers.
- Fair Gameplay. Everyone likes to play where fair play regulations are adhered to. All casinos we recommend offer transparent games.
Information About NZ Problem Gambling
There are problems facing casino players in New Zealand.
By addressing them, we hope to create a community of responsible gamblers.
And this is not all.
Our teams of experienced casino enthusiasts have seen it “all.”
These enthusiasts are here to help you navigate some of the hurdles you might come across while playing at online or brick and mortar casinos in New Zealand.
NZ Online Casino FAQ
Is online gambling legal in New Zealand?
The Gambling Act of 2003 prohibits many forms of gambling in New Zealand. However, players can legally play at any casino not based within the country.
Why do withdrawals take longer than deposits?
Online casinos are strictly controlled to not participate in money laundering. When you withdraw money you go through a KYC, know your customer, -process that is not necessary when you deposit.
How do I know a casino is legitimate?
Licensing agreements with big regulatories like the UK Gambling Commission or the Malta Gaming Authority.
What should I do if I think I have a gambling problem?
The most important thing to do first is stop gambling. If you are really struggling to pull yourself away from the online casino, seek professional help.
Here are some of the things that you can look for when searching for an online casino with a good reputation and a few reasons why choosing a reputable casino is so important.