UThe UK Gambling Commission was established to ensure the British people have a secure and entertaining experience while gambling online in the United Kingdom. The Commission was empowered by the Gambling Act of 2005, with a focus for online gaming.
Best NZ-Casinos with UK Gambling Commission License!
The Gambling Commission is a division under the Government of the United Kingdom. The Commission has a three-fold purpose:
- UK Gambling industry is crime-free
- Ensure the industry is fair and open
- Vulnerable people living in the UK are protected
World gambling is a vast industry. It is also a target for crime and taking advantage of vulnerable people who cannot manage their compulsions.
Benefits of Having a UK Gambling License
The UK Gambling Commission is not a policing force. The commission is tasked with making sure member casinos offer the highest ideals for their customers. Regulating bodies are there to provide a secure environment for players and to shield them from unscrupulous dealers.
Prospective companies wanting to operate a UK online casino have strict codes that must be satisfied before a license is delivered. Only dedicated operators take the next step for licensing.
- Operators must maintain the latest SSL encryption. Currently, the Commission requires at least a 128-bit encryption layer security.
- Gambling fairness is another core fundamental of how the UK Gambling Commission protects their consumers. Operators who influence the results of their games can be reported to the Commission for further administrative action
Trust the UK Gambling Commission
A significant issue with online gaming is protecting the player's money. The problem worldwide, players cannot cash-out their deposited funds or accumulated winnings. The UK Commission has done an excellent job at protecting their players. Operators know from the very beginning of the application process the strict requirements of the Commission. Companies do not wish to jeopardize their gaming license to a lucrative market.
Gamblers in the United Kingdom must choose how much security they demand for their money. Funds deposited into online gaming sites are not looked after the way a bank shields their customer's cash. However, gaming sites must advise potential players as to what will happen to their money if the company goes belly-up.
Players who are transferring large sums of money into the coffers of online gambling sites should conduct their due diligence. Researching how these online and land-based companies handle their money should be of utmost concern.
The Commission has laid out three levels of protection every player should read if they plan to deposit real funds into an online gambling site.
- Basic: If the company collapses, money deposited into these casinos will be lost. There is no extra protection.
- Medium: Online casinos deposit funds into separate insured accounts. If the gambling site goes under, player funds are covered.
- High: Player funds are deposited into trust accounts which are legally detached from the casino. A third party or external auditor runs the account.
The UK Gambling Commission is held up to other world commissions as a benchmark for gambling regulation best practice. There are no ideal concepts in administering the burgeoning gambling industry. The UK Commission knows they are not benefiting the bottom line of online casinos.
The extraordinary part of gambling, whether online or land-based, is a player winning and having fun.